It’s funny how spring inspires growth in potential as well as daffodils and daisies. It’s especially wonderful when this happens under adversity.
My general health has been stinky. It happens! Instead of laying in bed thinking of all I can’t do, I’ve been laying there planning like crazy for all the things I CAN do. After all, I would never want to become a Mrs. Bennet, fretting over my nerves and needing salts. Ugh! Not in my house.
Instead, I plan to be a busy Oregon beaver for 2019. Here’s what’s happening:
- My latest Christie Capps went live on April 7th.
- I formatted the four latest Christie Capps novellas into my 2nd boxed set which will be available on April 25th (our 39th wedding anniversary).
- I am moving right along on “Finding Their Way” the sequel to “A Father’s Sins” that I’ve struggled with for years. Then I plan to follow up with the Colonel’s story. (That’s my plan and I hope I’m going to stick to it.)
- Last month, a premise for a new J Dawn King story hit me like a ton of bricks. I chewed on it and chewed on it. Simply, it would not let go of me. So I wrote everything down that I remembered, shopped for a cover with magnificent designer Jane Dixon-Smith, and have temporarily set it aside as I endeavor to exert fierce self-control so I don’t bail on Bingley again and write this story. That baby is so CUTE!!! (see below)
- I started back at the gym eight days ago. There’s a machine I call “The Beast” that I am determined to conquer. It’s sort of a sit-down elliptical piece of equipment that truly loathes me, I think. But the doctors promise exercise will be helpful so I’ve been each day except Sunday. I bought a FitBit yesterday to track my steps and heart rate which makes me quite in style. So far today I am at 3,709 steps. My goal is 5,000.
I hope your spring has sprung and you are enjoying life. Happy reading!